SUMMARY OF POSITION
An account team member charged with supporting the activities and strategies of the Account Director and existing team in the development and execution of business with our clients. The role includes managing and growing current accounts and growing new business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in developing business plans and sales strategies.Become an expert in understanding and articulating client goals and objectives.
- Cultivate deep client relationships to become an extension of their team.
- Support the Account Team in ensuring access with clients during creative development in order to validate project scope, budget, goals, etc.
- Participate in brainstorms and the development of client solutions.
- Promote teamwork among AJ teams that focuses on client satisfaction.
- In conjunction with the Account Director, develop an account strategy specific to AJ’s relationship with the client and the business opportunity.
- Manage Client relationships on sold work.
- Generate new business leads.
- Establish strong client relationships, positioning yourself and AJ as a strategic resource for the client.
- Provide client insight to the Account/Project teams.
- Schedule and lead client meetings.
- Execute daily account management responsibilities in conjunction with the Account Director.
- Work with the Account or Project Team to develop project plans and timelines, ensuring project scope is well defined and budget guidelines are maintained.
- Help develop and deliver high-impact presentations to clients.
- Maintain accurate business records within SalesForce.com.
- Work with the Account Team to make sure AJ’s business processes & practices maximize client satisfaction and deliver flawless execution.
- Submit expense reports, timesheets and updates to Salesforce.com regularly.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree and 5 years of marketing/client services experience with at least last 3 years delivering complex solutions.
- You are great with people at all levels.
- You are unfazed by tight deadlines and conflicting priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Confident and engaging communicator and presenter.
- Highly organized, with flawless attention to detail.
- Weekly (2-3 days) travel to the Chicago suburbs to be on client site.
- Travel as assigned or required by program and proposal engagements.
- Approximately 20-25% across the year or as needed.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL POSITIONS AT AUGUST JACKSON
- Come to work every day excited to do your best work. Passion to lead and create is a must.
- We never say “no” to a client, but it doesn’t mean we always say “yes” – we help our clients explore options, leading them to solutions that create success for their business.
- Serve as a key member in building lasting relationships with our clients; become a person they can’t live without.
- Be creative and inventive in everything that you do. Have fun.
- We nurture a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment.
- We hire adults and expect them to do their jobs; there’s no one looking over your shoulder.
- Job descriptions don’t get in the way of work; if it needs to be done, we do it.
- We wake up every day feeling we can meet any challenge; our team is among the best in the world.
- Our word is our bond; we will do the right thing.
- We have few rules and policies.
- We choose whom we work with carefully, and treat them well.
- We welcome and nurture change – who we are today isn’t who we’ll be tomorrow.
- We commit to building an inclusive workforce of unique staff who are empowered to make valuable contributions while reaching their fullest potential, by creating and maintaining a professional and successful environment where differences are respected and the skills and abilities of diverse individuals are valued.
- Must have a sense of humor.
Apply for this Position Close
- We’re successful and poised for dynamic growth. We hire people who like responsibility and new challenges.
- Delivering means more opportunities for growth, and those who deliver will become the AJ leaders of tomorrow.